* At last, I’ve found [“where GNER buys their coffee”:http://www.sawilsons.com/coffee_enema.htm?gclid=CK_gxbrx_IsCFSSQYAodAF3WWA] though there’s nothing on that site about the importance of serving it tepid. I suppose that’s self-evident, when you click through.
* Band names that don’t quite make it: “And you shall know us by the trail of deodorant”
* W.H. Auden’s “recipe”:http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2020507,00.html for martini:
bq. He announced that he would be drinking martinis, and instructed me in his favourite recipe, which consisted of: 1 bottle gin, 1 lemon, sliced, 1 tray of ice cubes and, almost an afterthought, 1 capful of dry vermouth. That lasted him for the party, and he was ready for wine with dinner.
* “Serenity”:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_%28film%29 is almost good, and certainly worth watching. The idea of hillbillies in space is very nicely caught and there are some great lines and one great villain. But the plot had holes you could lose a galaxy in.
* (UPDATE) This moth’s truth in journalism award goes to the last sentence of “an article”:http://www.livescience.com/animals/051208_bat_testes.html about testicle size versus brain size in bats. It says: %(sane)Editor’s note: A very explicit image of bat genitalia is available [“here.”:http://www.livescience.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=051208_bat_testes_02.jpg&cap=Male+fruit+bat+of+the+species+Rousettus+aegyptiacus+have+testes+that+are+2.15+percent+of+body+mass,+whereas+their+brains+are+only+1.70+percent.+The+males+in+some+bat+species+can+have+testes+that+are+up+to+8.5+percent+of+their+body+mass.+credit%3A+Mark+Bartosik”]% and if you click, that is exactly what you’ll find. In fact you may not have known that such images existed.