Sorry. I don’t know what this is, but all of the individual archives are broken. This may go on for some time — the last time I had to ask MT for support it took a week to get an answer. But I can’t get it working at all.
UPDATE: I did get a reply from MT support wthin eight hours, and on a Sunday. This is an improvement worth noting. By that time I had fixed the site — I hope — and have placed the instructions in a comment to this.
OK. It is finally fixed, no thanks to the endlessly outmoded MT documentation.
For the eye of Google, I record the following tricks to get movable type publishing dynamically on Pair using PHP, cgiwrap, and so on.
I have a setup where the blog text and templates reside in one directory, and the mt code resided in another. I ended up needing two .htaccess files.
One of them is needed for dynamic publishing, and is written by MT into the directory where the blog text lives ( elegans/helmintholog ). this redirects queries to the mtview.php file, which in turns contains the instructions for dynamic publishing. The mtview.php file is in turn built by the “dynamic site bootstrapper” template. It’s very simple
But %(loony) it doesn’t get built where the .htaccess file looks for it %
No. That would be too simple. Instead. MT builds this file in the _helmintholog_ directory, where it also builds an .htaccess file redirecting requests to _mt/mtview.php_
It only took me about 24 hours to work this out. Silly me. I moved mtview.php to where the redirect was pointing.
Then, in the _elegans_ directory, which is where the wormbook.com domain points, I put another .htaccess file that does the cgiwrap magic:
And that’s all.
I note that preview is completely broken. I no longer care.